BREATHTAKING HILLS AND AMAZING SCENERY
A unique running experience through nature, along waterfalls, fjords and the cosy atmopsphere of the smalles capital of the world.
The Tórshavn Marathon course is commencing from the center of Tórshavn, continuing around the city along the seaside, on nicely paved roads and through peaceful city spaces.
After a scenic 8k around a large part of the city, the runners continues to the beautiful and scening fjord of Kaldbak, offering both demanding hills and completely flat areas. This is the hilliest and literally most breathtaking part of the route.
Returning from the fjord the runners continues through the city and will be able to take in the authentic and cosy atmosphere of the diverse architecture and narrow streets of the old parts of Tórshavn.
- Combined course of hills and flat areas
- Experience both nature, scenic views and cosy atmosphere of a small city
- The course surface is all over asphalt
- The courses are measured in accordance with the regulations of DAF – Danish Athletics Federation
- The 1/2 and 1/1 marathon courses are now AIMS measured and certified.
Female: Helena Javornik (SL): 3:09:16 year 2018
Male: Raul Jankowski (DE): 2:36:30, year 2019